I am a qualified Cognitive Behavioural Therapist living and working on the Fylde coast and I offer one to one and couples therapy using an integrative Cognitive-Behavioural approach.
Sessions generally take place at NWT Services, 259 Church Street, Blackpool, FY1 3PB. Some sessions may take place in public locations or at your home. To improve access across the Fylde Coast I now operate satellite clinics within Fylde Medical Clinic (St Annes), Susan Walker & Associates (Poulton-le-Fylde) and Cleveleys Community Centre.
Professional Memberships and Qualifications
- Post Graduate Diploma in Advanced Practice In Cognitive Behavioural Therapy – (University of Cumbria)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Primary Care Mental Health Practice – (University of Central Lancashire)
- BA (Hons) Counselling and Psychology – (University of Bradford)
- Diploma in Anger Management
- Certificate in Couples Counselling (Rusland College)
- I am an accredited member of the British Association for Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapies (BABCP)
I am highly experienced in working with the full range of common mental health problems including trauma presentations and for more complex clients I use a more integrative approach including schema-focused therapy. I often utilise third-wave CBT approaches including Compassion-focused Therapy and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy techniques, both of which incorporate mindfulness.
I also have a particular interest in working with chronic pain, anger problems and in cognitive-behavioural couples therapy and have done additional training in these areas.
Anger Decision Worksheet Published
I have created three therapist worksheets which have been uploaded to and published on the Psychology Tools website.
For a copy of the anger decision worksheet please click on the link below